dave's 365 project

Day 159 – the cast

Posted in concepts by Dave on June 8, 2010

I’m getting ready for my annual Marlin tournament at the end of this month. I wanted to use a Marlin lure but it wouldn’t fit in my 10 gallon aquarium.

How it was shot: this picture is upside down. The lure is submersed underwater and I’m shooting from below, looking up. I got the ideas from this thread on the strobist blog. A photographer named Akelstudio, Inc described how to do it. He did a really nice job.  I would like to do a better job on this one but I just didn’t have the time tonight to get it exactly how I wanted.

There is a flash to the left of the aquarium, and one to the right but up higher. The lure is just hanging there by fishing line. The splashes are created by pouring water into the aquarium. Hit me up with any questions.

Here’s the setup shot:

Advertisements
Tagged with: , , , , ,

One Response

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. DaddyNoBucks said, on June 12, 2010 at 6:40 pm

    Great shot. This is something worth trying.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: